Sunday, July 10, 2011

Roada Stays Local

7-8-11
Another Five Bucks stop enroute to the Friday meeting of the Sisterhood of the Traveling Quilters.  Big group today, as most were back from vacation.  I whined so much about not getting my own Starbucks that I was muzzled with a cup sleeve. 










Jane let me help sew a Logan Lap Quilters’ label onto one of the guild’s charity quilts destined for the local Ronald McDonald House. 
I got a sip of Sue’s Tortilla Chicken Soup from her bowl before she noticed what was happening.  I still don’t believe Sue that it all comes out of cans before the fresh toppings are added.  Who would believe anyone who lives with 3 hedgehogs??  Porcupines are far superior!  And I can be trusted with free run of a house or quilt shop.

Paint Can Challenge?? Who knew??
However, I am one nosey rodent. I have to sniff everything and look at all of the colors being used in a project.

Those pins in that pin cushion look enticing. Something like sprinkles on an ice cream(my favorite flavor is 'Rocky Road' hint, hint).






I am meeting some new friends in my travels------due to loss of short term memory-----I can't remember names very well-----anyone know who this character is?
Now I am in the middle of packing for a LLLLLLLLLLOOOOOOOONNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGG trip.

I will be going with Joyce, Pat, and Vicky Mc to Knoxville to the AQS show. This is the last time it will be in Knoxville. We will travel to MANY quilt shops along the way. Some in South Carolina, some in North Carolina, and some in Tennessee. Thank goodness we have the GPS and Pat will be in the navigator seat. You know how Joyce is with directions (she can't seem to follow them). This is going to be another fun trip and I look forward to sharing my experiences with you. Pat will be taking her laptop so we hope to be able to post while we are on the road.

Until next time, this is Roada, Roada F Tripp signing off. Anybody know where the closest Starbucks is????????????

PS. Sue S. tells me that this is Buddy McNutty.

No comments:

Post a Comment